"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Watching the World Expand





Well, let me see here. Most of our time lately has been consumed with the basics......watching the development, or lack there of, Camp Georgia. It's going to be a roomier spot for our little corner of the world that will allow for a little bit of privacy. Right now, as I've stated before, I feel like our monkey, Georgia, in the cage being stared at by every Tom, Dick and Muhammad that walks by. Oh, how wonderful it would be if our contractor would do the job correctly and not do crappy work and delay the project for whatever godforsaken reason. Anyway, we called him out with the engineers and hopefully he'll get a spur under his butt and get the job done so we can move into our new rooms.
I don't have a whole lot more to report. Thanks to the Scales for the package I received. It was sent the middle of Sept and I got it, well......today. But better late than never!!
Had some Taliwackers shoot tracer rounds over the compound the other night. That was fun. Kind of like a Pink Floyd laser light show without all the illicit drugs. Well, at least on our part. I can't speak for the Taliwackers. There I was, smoking a nice cigar, having my nightly meeting with my Sergeant Major and there they went, right over. Nothing to follow after that, but golly, how pretty while it lasted.
So, an unrevealing pic of Camp Georgia's progress and a couple of our dogs, Auburn and Gator.

No comments: