"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Saturday, May 3, 2008

WOW

If you haven't read the previous comment by my buddy, click on it in the prior post comments and read about Habakkuk. Habakkuk was a favorite of my grandmother's when she was alive. The words in the book always spoke to her and for some reason it's one of those things I remember. Anyway, it's a good booster for anyone, despite your situation or lack there of. I will contend one thing though. The National Guard could actually make even God get up on the Sabbath to wonder what they're thinking!
Thanks Scotty.

2 comments:

ENLIGHTEN LIFEgroup said...

I think the book of psalms was written about people dealing with the National Guard.

Chronicles of Anne said...

It's time for me to 'fess up!

1) I have been lurking on this blog while a buddy of mine was an ETT over there as well, and your updates have always been informative, entertaining and thought-provoking.

2) I have had a Habakkuk week and thought I was the only one, until I was reminded of your friend's useful insight.

So thanks, and thanks again!