"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Father's Day

This is an official notice: Happy Father's Day to you all. Wish I could be there to celebrate with each and every one of you, specifically those of you that are father figures to me: dad, Ralph (godfather) and Lamar(father-in-law). Thanks to my dad, Tom, for being a wonderful man. A man who loves God, his family and his country as much as any man could. He and my mother have been married for almost 40 years!!! (Holy smokes) He has selflessy devoted his life to my mother, as well as my brother, myself and our families. He was a pilot in the Air Force for 21/22 years and continues to train pilots that serve and protect our country. Dad, I'm proud to be your son and carry on your name. I love you and appreciate your true example of Fatherhood.
To my wife and daughter: I love you and miss you both so much. I wish I could be with you but I keep hope in how sweet Father's Day will be next year. Thanks for your sacrifices. I know this isn't easy on you and yet you still carry on.
Lamar, you have been through more than I can imagine this year. Know that we love you and appreciate all your hard work. You have always been supportive to Amanda, Leah and me and I'm so very grateful to you. I'm proud to have you as my father-in-law.
Alright, enough is enough. No tearing up in the computer lab!!
I have pics and will post them later. Took a trip to our next location, Lashkar Gah. Its a British PRT (Provincial Reconstruction Team) base. SMALL, but there's a real Brit pastry chef. More details later.

No comments: