"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Viewing pleasure




Here are some pics of part of our team at some check points. This was one of our first outings and it felt great to get outside the "wire." It's easy to feel like a rat in a cage on these FOBs. One is me looking over the horizon. Sekula caught me thinking about how much it looks like Kansas albeit a little less green. Corrigan, an avid golfer, found a patch of grass and finally, a frickin' monkey!? We still don't know where it came from but it sure looked depressed. The guards were pretty proud of there little friend. I think the monkey was telling me to leave a weapon behind so he could end his misery. I may be wrong but damn he looked rough. Don't ask me what the red, white and blue tassle is.

1 comment:

Lalla said...

Hello Dear Nathan, It's wonderful to continually read your blogs and see the pictures you've taken. I love them and I love you.
Your mother!!