"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Boll Weevil


So, this morning we're driving to the gym and McCall, who calls his wife faithfully every morning, calls his wife to make sure she's up. Meanwhile, I'm carrying on a conversation with the other guys in the Jeep. All the sudden I hear "You know, down where I used to trap boll weevils." My world shifted as it often does with his unique statements. I thought "that's gotta be a first for me." A story followed. He was part of a federal boll weevil eradication program back in the 80's. At that point, Partamian, Corrigan and I decide that it may be necessary to start a sub-blog specifically for what could be an endless stream of impressive sayings from our fellow LT. For those of you that know nothing about these fine creatures, I looked up how to spell it correctly first, then got you picture for your viewing pleasure. Evidently, these beasts of burden love cotton and tend to be a menace to farmers in the south.
How can you follow up with that. We had driver's training on 1114 (HMMWV) today. The usual tire change, tow bar/strap and other sundry sensitive items (stuff I can't talk about). We do the day/night drive tomorrow along with the roll over trainer. Good stuff.
Easter cometh. 4 day weekend, ahhh! No! You can't make me leave!!! I won't do it!! Weeellll, OK, get me the hell out of here!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Priceless..."
I can't wait.
CPT Wagenseller

ENLIGHTEN LIFEgroup said...

Found the BLOG Bro! Good luck ad Godspeed!