"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Egress, egress.....that means GET OUT gentlemen!






As promised, Tuesday and Wednesday brought some PPT lectures intermingled with short bursts of hands on driver's training. Wednesday was day/night training. We started out with the egress training from the Hummer. They roll you over multiple times to simulate rollovers that occur in combat, mainly due to IED and bad roads. Once the vehicle has completed the rollover, the instructor yells out "EGRESS, EGRESS!!" Some took a little longer than he expected at one point and the instructor yelled out "that means GET OUT gentlemen!" I'm pretty sure I heard some joints popping and cracking and a few unmentionable grunts.

I've tried to add a video of the egress trainer but my blog only allows 8meg max loading. I'll ask Partamian to add video to his blog. He's a big dog and has his own page ie.. he pays a yearly fee and can do what he wants. You can link to him on the right.
Otherwise, this is Easter weekend and the time has come to pursue all that is good and true, Jesus and Southwest Airlines.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Nathan! I wandered in through the door left open by Partamian ;-) I run a blog - not a big one. But I can host videos for you on Fototime, if you can get them to me. That is, if you'll let me cross post them on my blog ... *grin*!
Email me and let me know, just send me stuff and I'll send you code / links.

Oh, and thanks a lot, for your service :-)

Brian said...

Hello Nathan,
I was searching for AMEDD blogs and stumbled apon yours. I wish you well . Regarding video, have you tried downloading your video to YOUTUBE or METACAFE and then just add a link to the video from your post. Also, I don't know if Blogger has a memory limit, but if it does and you want to share lots of fotos, you can save memory space by posting the fotos on sites like "flickr" and link to them.
Best regards,
Brian