"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Check out the new side bar

My boredom with the Afghans and Taliban have drawn me closer to a new hobby.  Hunting of another sort, if you will.  Out with the old, in with the new!  Yep, for your entertainment I'm willing to sacrifice minutes a day in capturing Talimice.  They bait us with mines and IEDs so in turn, I'm bating in their mice with little bits of honey leading up to some provolone on a mouse trap.  It's working like a champ!  Anyway, the side bar will be named after Pinky and The Brain, the infamous Warner Bro characters.  
Did you say you wanted a picture or two?  Here's #4 hanging resting in the burn pit.  I have to keep it informal thus I may become attached to my victims.
Addendum:  Soon after the death of #4, #5 was captured and interrogated, found to be useless and "taken for a drive."  Note for interest.  Always drag one of your senior NCOs into your sick schemes.  As an officer, it's always best to have the plausible deniability effect to fall back on. Top #4, bottom #5

4 comments:

amanda marsh said...

You're sick...I have a shrink on retainer for when you come home.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Lalla said...

Once there was a little mouse
Who tried to find a special house.
He came inside to get a bite,
and there was honey to his delight!
Mousey sucked with frantic vigor.
His next morn was filled with rigor!

Guess Who?

Lalla said...

Hi Nate! I'm in Colorado. I got your call and Rosie was thrilled. I hope you got your Easter box!! It's getting close. Be careful. You know, Mom's always have to say that!!!