"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

I've seen that alot of new stuff has come across the wire on the internet so I thought I'd update this to let everyone know that I'm fine.  I've been on the move alot lately and haven't had much I can talk about to report.  Right now I'm up enjoying some "down time" in Kabul.  Nothing I'm willing to admit to here except I'm ready to get away from all the brass and worthless uniform policies around this place!
Anyway, I truly hope that you all have had a happy Easter and remember why we celebrate it.  No matter what your faith is, unless you're Muslim, this place will make you appreciate how wonderful Jesus really is and how freeing it is to believe in him.  That's all I can say without busting my politically correct bubble!
Carry on!
Happy Easter

1 comment:

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 03/24/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front lines.