"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Finally


All week is torture awaiting a four day weekend. I have a ticket home for Friday. I have a ride to the airport. All I need to do now is get rid of the 4 days holding me back until I get to my family. My daughter turns 5 on the 16th and she doesn't know I'm coming...now about those damn four days called Monday, Tuesday etc...

Monday--Tons of PPT on COIN. Counter Intelligence training, theory, purpose..... What more can I say.

Tuesday--weapons qualifications with M4. March out 0600 and return at 0100 after night quals. Yes, for you long-termers it is now no longer familiarization fire, its a true qualification. With the ancient NVGs on your head it can be a pain in the back side while in the prone position. So, about 2100 we all get started. Half way through quals, the power goes down on the post. So, guess what. Quals will be held tomorrow night again. Ah hell, there goes Wednesday.

What else can I say. I've been on the plane home since I woke up on Wednesday morning. You'll see what I mean when you get here. You should have seen the mass exodus out of this place today. Safety brief then sheer silence, except for the sounds of car engines starting.


Happy St Patrick's Day.

Happy birthday Leah




1 comment:

Unknown said...

DOc, I'll be in your spot in a few weeks, can you say something about your position in the team and responsibilities (without breaching OPSEC). THX