"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Fire

Partamian's finer side. Oh ya baby, you know you like it. Just don't magnify it!













I forgot about the fire. I was driving our vehicle with Partamian, as the gunner, and MAJ Berry as the truck commander. We were coming in from a mission and went by the fuel dump to fill up. Just after we got out of the collection well we caught fire. I promised Partamian that I wouldn't steel the glory of the story. Words really can't do it justice but go to the Partamian Report link on the right to read about it. I hope he makes it as entertaining for you as it was for me.

No comments: