"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Better Found at Police Checkpoint.........




We've been checking on a lot of checkpoints lately. Got a few pics to share of one of the checkpoints. We were doing our stuff. Checking on the police blah blah blah and Allman and I went down into this underground part of this checkpoint and saw some gifts pictured above. Chinese origin. We figured, better found here than elsewhere.........
We kept collecting these things as we went along and putting them in the back of Sekula's truck. SFC L Johnson shown on the .50 cal was not too amused!! "Why are you putting all these in my vehicle?" Me: "Because I don't want them in mine!!!!!" I'm thinking of sending them home as center pieces for my sister-in-law's wedding. Candle light, you know. Sets the mood. Anybody have any objections?
Scotty, glad you're home safely from the Far East. Lot's of anticipation is going into your last comment. Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monet, I don't know why he guards the pics so much. SGM control issues. I'll start counseling statements with him and have him on appropriate meds when he arrives home.

1 comment:

Danny and Monet said...

Make sure you send some extra meds home for me too!! I am sure I will need them when my SGM gets here and wants to control the homefront again!!