"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Thank You God!

Oh, people, I've finally made it home (or what's come to be, at least). We got an American flight in on a Blackhawk around noon. A few million for one of those. You'd think they'd come standard with A/C but they don't. No leather either. Anyway, the flight was hot as Hades (cleaned up) over the Red Desert but nice and its good to be back. I think I'll stay for a week or so before I set over to the British hospital and get my hands bloody.
Kenny, I finally got your package. Thanks so much. The nutter butters had equal chance at survival as a Taliban in your site picture! Pow! Down they went, take that you nutter butter!
By the way, just in case you were all concerned about the "Scat Pond" at KAF, don't. It's in full effect and my nose still permiates with stink! So, everything is still ok with it. No fishing sign is still up, you'll be glad to know.
You all remember the Frappe story early on. (As depression sets in) there has been no Frappe for 2 weeks at KAF. It's a national tragedy. No friggin media on this story. I demand justice for lack of Frappe!!!!! However, I'm back and I have Cutter's Point Coffee and Starbucks to choose from. Ah, I can't wait for the morning. Yes, I said for morning. I've been trying to cut back. I know!!! You say, huh! But I said it. Yes, less than half a pot a day. Can you all believe it?
I'll get back on and ramble some more later.
N
PS, I read what I thought was an intriguing book. Michael Crichton's "State of Fear" Some language but otherwise a good book.

1 comment:

Partamian said...

I just read that as well. I left it in the tent back at KAF when I was done. Did you pick it up?