"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Saturday, August 4, 2007

We're Back

I've spent the last week traveling Afghanistan on transport missions to get the internet up. Brought some guys from Kabul and took them back. Now I'm in Kandahar awaiting one of my guys to feel better before traveling again. Lots of packages have arrived and I barely had time to sort through them before leaving Lash a few days ago. I'll get into it later but thanks to Mom, Mandy, Leah, Billi and Greg (boy do I have a Ferris Bueller story for you), the Buckeye gang and the Vintage Cafe in Johnstown, NY (wow!). My internet time is short but I wanted to throw all that out while I had the chance.
All else is well. All our GA guys are safe thus far. Thanks for all your prayers and please continue to pray for all of our protection.
I've got some nice pics of Kabul etc to post soon.

N

No comments: