"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Harsh Comments

OK, so the pics of my room initiated some comments from a few peoples. I won't mention names but the USC (Cal.) fan Ward Wagenseller comes to mind. Somebody needs to remind him which conferences actually have to play hard to get to bowl games. I'm not saying who should do that, but.....OK I'll start. HMMMMM, maybe SEC and Big Ten. No doubt in God's creation, the SEC is the hardest conference ever. No body beats the tar out of you one game after another like the SEC, and I'm a Big Ten fan too. That's an undisputed fact year after year on ESPN as well. Pacific teams go into bowl games strong because the powder puff football they play during the year doesn't get any of their starters hurt. Mind you USC's starters are pretty good.
I'm not opinionated or anything......I'm just saying.........
So, for the public bashing I've released on the good captain, I'll buy him a Frappe (yes the almighty Frappe) from Green Beane next time we're in KAF together. Plus, I know a response will be flying in soon and oh captain, my captain's wrath will dwindle down my way.
Despite all this team/conference rivalry, as long as Georgia beats South Carolina its a winning season for me! As many of you know, all of us here mobilized are here to help Camp Phoenix, being controlled by South Carolina National Guard. If we lose to SC, we (especially the 16 from GA) will hear nothing but "cock" talk for the next nine months.
I'm not opinionated......I'm just saying........
Because I know its rehashing is coming.....Yes, on behalf of all Buckeye fans, last year was an absolute embarrassment. We all got it and still get.

N

1 comment:

ENLIGHTEN LIFEgroup said...

No worries my brother! Hang tough in the midst of the nay sayers! I have acquired something for you and the Georgia guys to offer hope and confirmation of who are YOUR true fans and who supports you through your tour of duty! Hold tough and display what I have placed in the mail to you proudly, as not only the Bulldog nation provides you support, but as do the Bulldogs!!!! Be well and keep you eyes open for incoming mail!
GO DAWGS!

Scotty