"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Monday, October 8, 2007

My New Little World

I guess by now most of you know that I've moved to another FOB further east of Lash. I won't give specifics but I'm still in southern Afghanistan. The new address that Amanda sent out speaks for itself. If you haven't received it, please get in touch with her if you want it or email me direct and I'll get it to you. All has been well thus far. We hear a lot of small arms fire around here, especially in the evening but most of it is off in the distance a few km away. Not much more than that. The FOB is small and I must admit, despite missing my friends in Lash, its nice to be away from a "flag pole" and it much more relaxing. I do a sick call for the ANP about 4 days a week and enjoyed the VMO we did last week. It's no magical transition into real medicine but its been a nice change of pace anyway plus I'm back with Sergeant Major Allman whose become a good friend. Don't be jealous Dan and Jeff, I still love and miss you guys as well, especially on Thursdays!
Let's see here. The Dawgs lost to Tennessee. That's pretty depressing so I won't go there. USC and the gamecocks lost.....that's a balancing upper. Sorry Ward, it had to happen eventually. The Buckeyes pulled through another one, whew! We'll carry on until next Saturday and hope UGA picks up the pace and Ohio continues its run.
I tried to throw up some pics tonight but the blogger host won't let me. Sorry, I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: