"Fear breads a deadening caution, a holding back, a stagnant waiting until people no longer can recall what they are waiting for or saving themselves for. When we fear failure more than we love life; when we are dominated by thoughts of what we might have been rather than by thoughts of what we might become; when we are haunted by the disparity between our ideal self and our real self; when we are tormented by guilt, shame, remorse, and self-condemnation, we deny our faith in the God of love." Brennan Manning

Saturday, October 13, 2007

The "raining of lead" has ceased

Here we are at the end of another Ramadan season and I don't feel like I've celebrated enough but I'll try my best to make up for it when I'm at home on leave. It only took 2 days of nightly spraying of ammo to get it out of the system. I remember back in the old days we could go for 3 days no problem! The new generation just isn't made of the same fiber, you know. Or maybe, just maybe, its the fiscal responsibility that the newer fighters feel to their country and cause, realizing that the bottomless pit of money can't come in from the US and NATO forever. The epiphany, the blinding light of wisdom, is spreading throughout the culture at a blistering speed and the knowledge of unity and selfless service to the helpless and needy is no longer cowering to blatant ignorance and lack of education. Wooooo, careful where you go Nathan.
OK, so I went a little over the top. However, I didn't hear any weapons last night and there isn't any crapola in the concrete water runoff ditch this morning.
One step at a time. One step at a time.

3 comments:

Charlie Reuben said...

I sense a bit of Sinicism in your writings? Have you learned nothing over the last month, infidel! I think you need to travel the road north, and bring a DBL-DBL from Tim Horton’s and a couple of Whoppers. I’ve got the cigars.

Amanda said...

WHOOOOA!!! Need some time off? Refer to the Royalty!

ENLIGHTEN LIFEgroup said...

Are you talking about Mississippi or Afganny?